Sticky: Welcome to my website.

You may have heard of me in connection with Belkin Productions, the music production company my brother Jules and I ran for more than 40 years. Some may remember me from Cleveland Heights High School. A few even know I played pro baseball when I was a young man. More may recall me from my parents’ clothing store in Cleveland, where Jules and I worked when we were kids.

Last year, I decided to put together a website for my family and my friends. I and my wife, Annie, lead a wonderful life. It’s full of music, art and family-and, of course, various businesses I still keep my hand in. I’d like to share it with you, and it won’t just be history. It’ll be current. I’ll keep it up-to-date with my thoughts, my intentions, my accomplishments and the many wonderful activities Annie, I, our son Sam and his big brother Michael and his big sister Lisa are engaged in. For a sample, check out the pictures of the Asian trip Sam and Annie and I took last summer. Just click on the Travel category (on the left).

Naturally, I’d like your feedback. Let me know what you like about the site and what you dislike. And if you have a site of your own, be sure to link it to mine. For now, tour my world. Welcome to it.

Be Sociable, Share!

Filed Under History | 12 Comments

If you would like to make a comment, please fill out the form below.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Comments

12 Comments so far
  1. Paul Blasewitz February 17, 2009 8:20 pm

Mike Sr. What is up??? Way to much to type so I will give you my numbers. Lets catch up. Think about you all alot. A long lost good friend. Paul Blasewitz ” Starter Sportswear Days” 317-585-0120 or 317-691-7862 cell

2. Rob Hoffman June 21, 2009 9:00 am

Hi Mr. Belkin,

I wanted to personally thank you for the speech you delivered at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame event in New York last week (June 2009). I wasn’t there, but I have heard from my father Elliott Hoffman that your words put tears in his eyes. To have someone in the business talk about him as one of the few ethical attorneys in the entertainment business was something that needed to be heard by his own ears during hislifetim – and especially from someone not deeply connected to him. Being in a profession where words of appreciation are so few and far between, your words of kindness deeply touched him. Consider this note just a small token of my deep appreciation. Someday, I hope that I get to thank you in person.

Rob Hoffman

3. Gary Courtney June 22, 2009 10:48 am

Mr Belkin,
    Hi, I am the Vice President of a small Fire Department social club in northwestern Pennsylvania. The name of our fire department is the Conneaut Lake Park Volunteer Fire Department in Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania. Our fire department used to be located right in the Conneaut Lake Park ammusment park. We are now located about a mile down the road. We supply fire protection service to Conneaut Lake Park and the surounding township. We are a volunteer non-profit organisation.We have to raise our own money to keep the Fire Department going. We currently have a social club and we have bingo. That is how we raise money to keep our Fire Department going. I am writing to ask if there would be any way we could get Donnie Iris to agree to play a smaller concert at our Fire Department. We can hold about 200 to 250 people inside or possibly we could have it outdoors. I know back in the 1990’s Donnie played at Conneaut Lake. I’m sure he has been around a few times. I’m sure you have been asked before to do something like this. With today’s economy we are having a tough time raising the money needed to support our Fire Department. I’m sure you have heard of the problems the Conneaut Lake Park Ammusement Park has been having. This things seem to be starting to go in the right direction for the Park. This performance could be a big boost for our area and our Department. Please let me know what you think. I know it is a lot to ask.

4. Jessie Fifer April 4, 2010 3:03 pm

Hey Mike,

My name is Jessie and I interned at Belkin in Chagrin Falls for a short time in 2000. I would love to talk to you about some things and was wondering if you had an email I could reach you at. Feel free to contact me at JessieFifer@gmail.com so we can chat. Thanks!, Jessie

5. David Goe January 4, 2011 2:25 am

Mike thanks for helping bring Rock to Ohio brother and making us the Capitol of Rock ! Been to many concerts during the 1970’s thanks to you and your brother.

I find this page of sharing your family travels interesting and intimate with your fans. Anytime you would grant me an interview for my radio show, it would be an honor ! I only hope you can find the time to do so.
    I feel we need to invigorate Ohio once again, musically and industrially and you and the Belkin family have the clout to help this dire situation out !

Peace ~ David Goe
    The FallOut Shelter Radio

6. Wendy Wenzel February 25, 2011 1:18 pm

Well Annie; (And Mike of course!!!) I am truly impressed!!! Some day I hope that Annie and I will be able to see each other again and that I can meet this very interesting family. Wendy Wenzel

7. Elizabeth Anderson May 3, 2011 6:57 am

Hey Mike, LeRoy Anderson, from Ashtabula, is my dad. I’m out visiting him and my mom in Texas and we started reminiscing. So we did a search and found your site on the web. My dad turns 90 today and my sisters and I are celebrating here in Houston. As I typed this, my dad said, “Mike and I always got along well. We used to go to lunch at Roger DelPrince’s.” Anyway, if you get this, LeRoy would love to hear from you. He doesn’t email but you can call him at 281-579-3126. Looks like you are well and that you and your family are doing amazing things. Best regards, Elizabeth

8. Paula Tintor August 24, 2011 7:59 am

Hello Mr. Belkin:

I am the daughter of Ted Herczog of Herczog Heating. My dad used to do your heating and air cond. and I at one time helped redecorate your kitchen and hallway. My sister babysat for Jules children when they were very little and my Dad, my sister and I went horseback riding at your house. My Dad alway thought very highly of you and your brother and I just thought I would take the time to say hi and hope you are doing well.

I have such nice memories of being at your home and my Dad used to tell us great stories of you and him sitting around having a drink in your kitchen with one band or another.

Take care

9. Jonathan Kirby October 18, 2011 5:06 pm

Hello, Mr. Belkin. Tremendous site! I was hoping to speak with you about one of your lesser-known signees, Lou Ragland. I am compiling a collection of his finest works for reissue, and I would like to speak with you briefly. My phone number is 773-522-1721 and my email address is kirby at numero (dot) com. Thanks for ALL of your contributions to modern music, but especially the Warner Bros. sides for Mr. Ragland. Best, JK

10. jack donahue October 21, 2012 3:20 pm

i got you and adelman thru college.

11. Amy Fodor December 11, 2012 12:23 pm

I would like to Join your club, we just bought a cottage near the park. I would not have a sponser. What can I do?

12. aaron wemlinger January 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Hello Sir, I would like to thank you for bringing Pink Floyd to OSU stadium in 1988. This was my first live concert and did quite enjoy it. This evolved into a personal dream of mine and by 1993 was working for a local ohio staging company, and had the priviledge to meet Jules at Buckeye Lake Music Center in 1994. Great man and very sociable, down to earth. I wouldvle liked to get into the production end of things with the bussiness, as i was the “steel crew”…. oh well, had a great time while it lasted. Got a few rolling stones and floyd shows… worked for scott steineker for a few years in columbus at the newport music hall. well anyway, i’ve been in const. ever since.. and it is pretty bad right now for us. If you get this note, i’m going back to school, and would like an idea for how to get back in “the biz” if there is a “biz” right now. what courses could i take to advance?? letmeknow would you??? thank you. Also we had a client the Freeman Family he owns a radar detector company (escort) who had the most amazing glass scuptures i’ve EVER seen. e mail back and i will get their info. for you if you would be interested it would be an honor. Goodday.

css.php